Friday, August 26, 2011

Exhibitor Spotlight: Yara Supplee



Solaris Designs
Yara Supplee
Souderton, PA

Years with Doylestown Arts Festival:

9 years

Website: 
www.solarisdesigns.com


Favorite Place to Visit in Bucks County:
Tabora Farm

Favorite Thing to Do in Doylestown:
Yoga class at Sun Dog

About the Artist:
For as long as I can remember, I've created some form of jewelry. I think it started with macrame friendship bracelets when I was a child.  I eventually discovered wire working and I've been hooked ever since.

Being primarily self taught, I try to learn a new technique each year. This year I've added some soldering skills and can't wait to show off a bunch of new items at this year's festival!

About the Work (What/who has inspired you?):
Most of my inspiration comes from my love of different and unique stones. Working with semi-precious stones and enhancing their natural beauty is what drives my creative process.

Samples of Work:





No comments:

Post a Comment