Thursday, August 18, 2011

Exhibitor Spotlight: William Marlin


ABI Woodworking
William Marlin
Bryn Mawr, PA

Years with Doylestown Arts Festival:

First Year


Website:
Favorite Place to Visit in Bucks County:
Peddlers Village.

Favorite Thing to Do in Doylestown:
Attend the Doylestown Arts Frestival.

About the Artist:
I have been working with wood for well over 30 years - from building tables and display cases to constructing complete built-in libraries. I have also been working with digital and graphic art files for well over 15 years. I have combined these talents with advanced woodworking technology to create the items presented in my website Gallery.

I have a blast doing what I do. I take a lot of pride in designing, creating and building one-of-a-kind pieces. Frankly, my customers are my best salespersons.

Tell me what I can design for your home or office. I'll be more than happy to help.

My studio is located in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, a suburb of Philadelphia.
The items pictured in the website Gallery and in the website Store can be found in homes and businesses throughout the Delaware Valley.

ABI Woodworking displays and sells handcrafted wood pieces and selected images by Arnie Stein at various arts and craft shows, business trade shows and local shops in the area.

About the Work (What/who has inspired you?):
I recently added carvings of iconic places from the Philadelphia area. I had just completed a piece called Boathouse Row when a visitor walked past my studio, stopped cold in his tracks, pointed at the piece and said “I was just down there! How did you do that!?”

What inspires me? The reaction I get from individuals that see my work. Their expressions when they realize that a cherished memory has been preserved in wood. I want to move people with my art. It inspires me to create more.

Samples of Work:


No comments:

Post a Comment