Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Exhibitor Spotlight: Ron Smucker



R S Woodart
Ron Smucker
Souderton, PA

Years with Doylestown Arts Festival:

First Year

Website: 
www.rswoodart.com



Favorite Place to Visit in Bucks County:
Enjoy viewing the countryside with the old historic buildings.

Favorite Thing to Do in Doylestown:
I enjoy the downtown with the many fine eating places.

About the Artist:
Ron is a retired educator. The last few years have given more time and opportunities to pursue the lifelong interest in wood working. I find energy in unlocking the inner beauty of wood and creating useful decorative and functional items from local wood. As a part of my personal mission, 25% of all sales are donated to hunger initiatives locally and globally.

About the Work (What/who has inspired you?):
I have been motivated to succeed as I have observed the work of many fine wood turners from the area. Releasing the inner beauty from a piece of wood and finding an interesting final form gives me motivation to continue on with new creations. My works include art pieces, serving platters and bowls, seasonal items and jewelry.

Samples of Work:




No comments:

Post a Comment