Thursday, July 25, 2013

Exhibitor Spotlight: Timothy Neal

Timothy Neal
 
Years of Participation in the Arts Fest: 
4

Website:
Facebook 
About the Artist or Work:
I would describe my work as eclectic in that I enjoy making a variety of unrelated items...from the simple, to the very complex. Whenever I can, I employ materials from sustainable or recycled sources. My cutting boards, trivets and bowls are made from domestic hardwoods, but incorporate colorful exotic woods which differentiate them from the mass market items. Each of my hand turned pens are one of a kind creation made using a variety of woods and acrylic. My Pennsylvania Spice Box reproduction is simply a labor of love employing intricate inlay, and traditional construction techniques. I often start a project with only a gross idea of what I want to make...materials on hand, and flashes of inspiration guide me the rest of the way. More times than not, these types of projects turn out better than those that were preplanned.
Where do you find your inspiration? 
Necessity is my inspiration. I rarely make anything of a purely decorative nature. Function must go hand in hand with athetics.

Favorite Restaurant or Shop in Doylestown:
Mosquito Grille

No comments:

Post a Comment