Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Exhibitor Spotlight: Peter Hewitt

Peter Hewitt
 
Years of Participation in the Arts Fest: 
2

Website:
Facebook 
About the Artist or Work: 
After 30 years as a scientist, I have rediscovered that the great beauty underlying the physical world is replicated throughout nature. My passion encompasses wild landscapes. Extreme environments challenge our sense of the possible.

My love of nature was kindled growing up in the woodland and seacoast areas of New England. I have been married for 29 years and live in Doylestown, Bucks County, Pennsylvania where my wife and I raised our two children.
 
Where do you find your inspiration? 
I like images that capture a feeling from a location and a moment when we slow down our lives a little. Photography is my way of slowing down. When I find interesting and rare moments, I like to make photographs of what I see so that it can be enjoyed again and shared with others.

Favorite Restaurant or Shop in Doylestown:
The Sweet Spot Caribbean Bistro is my favorite restaurant. Excellent food, nice ambiance, great location and good company. I have a semi-permanent exhibition of my photographs on display at the Sweet Spot. Karen and Serge Tancrede (owners) would be happy to introduce you to my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment