Monday, July 22, 2013

Exhibitor Spotlight: Matt Schrier

Matt Schrier
 
Years of Participation in the Arts Fest: 
5

Website:
About the Artist or Work:
I have an appreciation for the beauty of nature in all of its seasons. From the first leaf-fall to the last snow-flake I am in constant search for scenes and subjects that I can capture in a moment in time. Shapes and form, colors and shades - they all appear in their own time and place, often unexpectedly. I explore the mundane as well as magnificent, looking for an expression of grace and beauty.
Where do you find your inspiration?
I find inspiration simply by being aware of my surroundings. I will often see something - whether it be a cloud formation or sunset or something else - that makes me think about the possibilities of creating a compelling image, either right then or in the future. If the time is not right I might return to a place at a later time, possibly months or even years later.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment