Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Exhibitor Spotlight: James Redding

James Redding
 
Years of Participation in the Arts Fest: 
12

Website:
 
About the Artist or Work: 
I am the artist in residence for Bucks County Magazine, and have been a resident of beautiful and historic Bucks County for 27 years. I am inspired by the beauty all around me. I really enjoy painting historic buildings, as well as nature scenes. The history in Bucks County is amazing and there are so many wonderful scenes. I have painted so many of them. The subjects to paint are endless! I am an artist who specializes in realism.I am also known to paint in painstaking detail. My medium is acrylic, which I enjoy painting on canvas. I also enjoy painting in watercolor and oils.
Where do you find your inspiration? 
My inspiration is found in the beauty that is everywhere in beautiful Bucks County. I am a studio painter, but many times if the weather cooperates, I grab my camera and head out to explore and hopefully capture the inspiration for my next painting. When I painted the Thompson-Neely Grist Mill, I saw the perfect opportunity to capture the scene in the middle of a snowstorm. The result was fabulous.There was an old chain link covered in snow hanging off the post as you entered the scene. It was key. The snow was coming down heavy, but the fresh snow falling onto my subject the Grist Mill, was captivating. I tromped back in to the house later that day, covered in snow and shivering, but happy!

Favorite Restaurant or Shop in Doylestown:
Coffee and Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment