Monday, September 12, 2011

Exhibitor Spotlight: Timothy Neal


WoodWorksbyTim LLC

Timothy Neal
Wales, PA

Years with Doylestown Arts Festival:

3 years

Website:
www.woodworksbytim.com


Favorite Place to Visit in Bucks County:
Tyler State Park

About the Artist:
I'm a local arts & crafts person who resides with my wife in North Wales, PA.  I'm basically a self taught woodworker, although in recent years I've added to my skill set by attended courses at several prominent woodworking schools.  I've been woodworking for over 20 years, but only recently formed my own company, WoodWorksbyTim LLC, and now sell my wares under that umbrella. 

About the Work (What/who has inspired you?):
I'm basically a self-taught woodworker, but I do remember watching The New Yankee Workshop on TV and being inspired by the projects that the host, Norm Abrams, would build. Preferring not to specialize, I would describe my work as eclectic. I enjoy crafting everything from simple cutting boards, to complex Pennsylvania Spice Boxes. Most of the items I make are intended to be given as gifts, or are of a decorative nature. While I mainly work with wood, I also use acrylics in some of my creations.

Samples of Work:



No comments:

Post a Comment