Sunday, August 24, 2014

Exhibitor Spotlight: Susan Forker

Name of Artist: 
Susan Forker

Website or Facebook Page:  
Years of Participation in the Arts Fest:
2
About the Artist or Work:
I grew up in New England, but lived in New York and California prior to settling in Bucks County, Pennsylvania with my family. My studio is housed in a civil war era barn that we moved onto our property and renovated. I love living and creating amongst such rich history.

Formerly, I worked as a film and video editor manipulating moving images and sound as a means to tell a narrative. Though I now create with found papers and vintage components, it's still about telling a story. I’m drawn to vintage graphics, packaging and images- they become the inspiration and focals for each of my finished pieces.

What/who inspires you to create art?
Scouring for vintage ephemera, broken findings and once-loved pieces inspires me to create. Finding the hidden story within and presenting it in a modern way through repurposing discarded or forgotten elements is both motivating and satisfying.
Favorite Shop or Restaurant in Doylestown:
Jules! It is always consistently good- our whole family enjoys it. Love the gluten free options and unique veggie combinations.


No comments:

Post a Comment