Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Exhibitor Spotlight: Kate Welch

Name of Artist: 
Kate Welch

Website or Facebook Page:  
Years of Participation in the Arts Fest:
5
About the Artist or Work:
I studied Fine Art, Graphic Design and Photography at Rochester Institute of Technology. I started making Floorcloths 18 years ago for family and custom orders. Loving the process of making Floorcloths I decided to make them available to everyone and started participating in Arts Festivals 5 years ago. Doylestown Arts Festival was my first and still my favorite Arts Festival.

What/who inspires you to create art?
Design ideas for my Floorcloths come to me out of the blue, I always have paper and a pencil near by to jot down or quick sketch my idea. Also doing custom orders really gets my creative juices flowing.
Favorite Shop or Restaurant in Doylestown:
86 West - good drinks, small plates, and Sushi. Great outdoor dining.


No comments:

Post a Comment