Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Exhibitor Spotlight: Jessica Russell - Mason J.A.R. Apparel

Name of Artist: 
Jessica Russell - Mason J.A.R. Apparel

Website or Facebook Page:  
Years of Participation in the Arts Fest:
2
About the Artist or Work:
Artist Jessica Ann Russell is the creative force behind Mason J.A.R. Apparel. A home-based business and dream inspired by her son, Mason and her love for art and fashion. Hand block printed in Bethlehem PA. Mason J.A.R. Apparel creates unique artwork on comfortable organic kid's clothes. It's imagery and color palette are influenced by natures own playful images and cultures across the four corners of the Earth.

What/who inspires you to create art?
In 2011 I started Mason J.A.R. Apparel. My own home based business. A dream inspired by my son Mason and my love for fashion and art. When I'm not chasing Mason I am working on developing new designs in my studio.  Art has played a huge role in developing me into the person I am today. I learned block printing when I was just a child, from my father and fellow artist. Over the years I have worked for a variety of print studios, before and after college.  I attended both the Pennsylvania College of Art and Design and the School of Visual Arts where I majored in textile design and children's book illustration. After working for years doing visual merchandising I have returned to what I love. Mason J.A.R. Apparel is dedicated to providing a product that inspires and exposes our littlest of humans to art responsibly. I hope you love our wearable art pieces as much as I love creating them.

"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors but rather borrow it from our children". -aboriginal proverb
Favorite Shop or Restaurant in Doylestown:
A good friends daughter is named after Lilly's Cafe America and Busy Bee Toys, where I can always find a unique inspiring gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment