Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Exhibitor Spotlight: Laurel Fish

Laurel Fish
 
Years of Participation in the Arts Fest: 
6

Website:
About the Artist or Work: 
Laurel Fish has been creating functional stoneware pottery for more than fifteen years. She earned a BFA degree in Ceramics at the University of the Arts in Philadelphia and furthered her studio work at the Bucks County Community College. Her designs are inspired by a wide variety of sources ranging from nature to architecture.

All my pottery is wheel thrown, one of a kind, food, microwave and dishwasher safe.
Where do you find your inspiration? 
I am influenced by items I see in everyday life. If I see it, I try to create it in clay. I love clay because it is so malleable and the possibilities are endless.

Favorite Restaurant or Shop in Doylestown:
I love The County Theater in Doylestown. It is the only movie theater in Bucks County where you are able to see more interesting films.

No comments:

Post a Comment