Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Exhibitor Spotlight: Kate Welch

Floorcloths By Kate
 
Years of Participation in the Arts Fest: 
4

Website:
About the Artist or Work: 
I studied Fine Art and Graphic Design graduating from Rochester Institute of Technology. After working in NYC in Advertising I decided to go back to my Fine Art roots so I could stay home to raise my 2 children. My daughter is a Lawyer and my son is working in Sports Branding/Advertising in NYC, also graduated from RIT. I started making Floorcloths about 15 years ago but it was 5 years ago I decided to try selling them at Arts Festivals. Doylestown Arts Festival was my first and to this day is still my favorite Arts Festival to display/sell at. Looking forward to this years festival as well.
Where do you find your inspiration?  
I actually get inspiration from listening to customers and their needs/wants. I get inspired by looking through many of my fine art (coffee table) book collection. I actually get a lot of my ideas when I am running! I guess because I am by myself and my mind wanders.

Favorite Restaurant or Shop in Doylestown:
Favorite shop is Lilies. Restaurant? So many fantastic ones to choose from! Probably Bobby Simone's, Knight House, Freight House.



No comments:

Post a Comment