Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Exhibitor Spotlight: Carole Kyle


Handbags by Carole Kyle

Carole Kyle
Doylestown, PA

Years with Doylestown Arts Festival:

6 years

Website:
www.carolekyle.com

Facebook:
Handbags by Carole Kyle

Favorite Place to Visit in Bucks County:
Along the creek at Stover Park, Ringing Rocks Park and Annie’s Water Ice.

Favorite Thing to Do in Doylestown:
I've lived in town for the past 18 years – I love to walk into town in the evenings and on Sunday mornings. I especially love walking through the park at Fonthill with my dog Maisee!

About the Artist:
I have been creating handbags for 7 years now. Each one is signed and numbered; they are created as unique pieces of wearable art, never duplicated. All of the materials are hand-selected and composed.

About the Work (What/who has inspired you?):
I'm inspired by nature, plants, flowers and the earth. My education is in horticulture, and I had a landscape company for 18 years. I love developing the styles, colors, patterns and textures with the textiles – it is very similar to designing and executing landscape plantings from my past. The handbags are just part of my growing interiors business. I pride myself in quality, custom window treatments, and most Home Decor elements.

Samples of Work:

No comments:

Post a Comment